- 2,450 Square Feet
- 3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths
- Radiant Heating
- Photovoltaic Solar Panels
- Recycled and Renewable Products
3Palms Design Criteria Goals
- Stringent performance standards for air tightness and energy consumption.
- Strict attention to climate change imperatives, economic feasibility, building durability, occupant comfort and indoor air quality.
- Virtually airtight, primarily heated by passive solar and internal heat gains from occupants, cooking, bathing, electrical equipment, etc.
- Control of summer heat through shading, window orientation and passive ventilation.
- Back up heating and cooling demand to be provided by an extremely small source instead of a conventional HVAC system.
- A heat/energy recovery ventilator will provide a constant supply of tempered, filtered fresh air.
- Accurate climate – and site – specific energy modeling.
- Super insulation.
- High performance windows and doors
- Optimized solar design. Truly solar: uses passive solar design, generates 100% of electricity from Photovoltaic panels, and heats hot water using solar thermal units.
- 100% of lumber originates from sustainably harvested forests (FSC certified) and all concrete uses a 50% fly ash mix.
- Net Zero Energy – 100% fossil free.